Mission Statement and Bylaws
ARTICLE 20 – MISSION STATEMENT
Section 20.1 – Objectives
The objectives of the Society shall be:
1. To collect, preserve and disseminate knowledge and information with reference to Jewish genealogy and the history of the Jewish community in Greater Philadelphia.
2. To promote interest and encourage interested parties to engage in genealogical and archival research.
3. To stimulate and provide instruction in research methodology, the utilization of resources including the Philadelphia Jewish Archives Collection and adherence to standards of accuracy and thoroughness.
4. To foster careful documentation and to promote scholarly genealogical and archival writing and publication.
5. To promote the preservation of genealogical and archival records and resources, especially the Philadelphia Jewish Archives Collection.
6. To hold meetings for the instruction and education of its members and the general public.
June 1, 2019
The JGASGP Bylaws are available by clicking here (16 pages).